Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Haircare vs Exercise





Do you sacrifice your Health for your HAIR??!!!

As much as I care about my hair I do not let it be a reason for me not to care more for my body!
 I workout 5 days a week and the last thing that is on my mind when I am busting out my last rep is my hair.   As a African American woman I notice that sometimes I am the only or one of the very few black females getting it in.  I tend to do majority of my workouts outdoors just because I love the view. I see all other races and ethnicity out there" working on their fitness" except us!!!! I know its not because we can't do it, or that we don't have the time, I know for many of us its the hang up over our hair!!!
Before you jump down my throat I have asked many black women why don't you exercise, and one of the reasons I kept getting was " Girl I don't want to sweat out  my hair!" And the response in my head was if you don't have a healthy body your hair (which grows from the inside out) can't be but so healthy!!!
As a community we are plagued  with so many diseases and health issues that eating a healthier diet and exercise will lower our chances on contracting those issues.
So if your hair is what's standing between You and Healthier life than I believe it's a conversation worth having!
There are so many ways you can still strive for a better healthier you and keep your hair popping!!!
Whether you are on Team Natural or Team Relaxed or Team Weave you can have beautiful hair and a healthier body!!!
There are sweat head bands such as the Gym Wrap  created  by the lovely Nicole Ari Parker at .
 http://store.saveyourdo.com/ that will help keep our beautiful styles popping and fabulous.


Here are some Tips to care for your hair Pre & During Workout:

Team Natural : Beautiful Bantu Knots can be done before workout and after workouts. After workouts remove Bantu Knots for a beautiful wavy style. Pin Twist are another protective style that looks absolutely fabulous during and after workouts.

Team Relaxed: If you have long hair you can put it in a top ponytail with a bun and apply a silk scarf or a Gym wrap or Dri sweat head band to soak up the sweat. But if your hair is short and not long enough for a ponytail then Dri Sweat headband can still be worn to keep that style in check!
http://www.sallybeauty.com/headband/SBS-543779,default,pd.html


Team Weave: A Satin Lined Cap can be worn. Do not use a cotton bandana because the friction of the material will lead to breakage  so use satin or silk to preserve those edges.
http://www.satinlinedcaps.com/

Don't let your HAIR determine how you LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!
A HEALTHIER YOU WILL PRODUCE  HEALTHIER HAIR!!!!!

Stay tuned for Post Workout Tips.....

Have blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Exactly Nutrition intake gives a good hair growth with other hair care remedy's Buy Herbal Hair Care Gel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! all-natural products

    ReplyDelete